Saturday 2 July 2016

☼ Top 5 Drugstore Summer Beauty Products ☼

If you haven't seen my top 5 high end products it is linked here. In that post I promised to do a drugstore version so here I am.

Here in the UK we don't get a lot of summer so buying new expensive make up to use for a couple of weeks seams a waste. So here are my top 5 drugstore summer products.


1.
 The first item I have is Simple radiance brightening moisturiser. I love this moistener because unlike most glowing products it doesn't leave your skin looking oily and/or have lumps of glitter. It just leaves you with a radiant youthful glow that can be used both with and without make up. The only downside is that it is only SPF 10 so you will have to apply sun screen if you plan to be under the sun for a long time. I like to use this as a primer during the summer time as it gives you a vibrant glow and is free from perfumes and other harmful, artificial ingredients. Another way that I like to use this is to mix in with my foundation to thin it down and make it more lightweight.
This is a very difficult item to find in shops and I struggled to find this online so if you see it grab it. I looked both on the simple, boots and even the Tesco website and it was impossible to find. In the end I had to email Simple and I am currently waiting for a response.

UPDATE - I have received an email in response to my inquiry and this product is actually discontinued. Simple do have another illuminating moisturiser but I am yet to try that. 


2.
For bronzer, this summer, I would recommend the Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder because it just gives such a natural sun kissed glow that can complement many skin tones. However if you have darker skin maybe this is not for you but as I am so pale this is amazing. (If you do have darker skin I would recommend looking at the St Tropez bronzer that I mentioned in my Top 5 High End Summer Beauty Products). This Body shop bronzer gives a soft sun kissed glow to the face so it is really good for those days in the summer where you want to wear less make up or have a more bronzed glowy look rather than a contoured look. This gives a very subtle tan to the skin and makes it look as if you have just come back from your holiday. Also as it is from the body shop they guarantee cruelty free make up products that come from fine raw ingredients.





3.
This item is probably my favourite of all the drugstore products. Sleek always kills it with everything but there blushers are particularly amazing. This blusher is the Blush by 3 in Pumpkin. It is an amazing palette because it has a satin, a shimmer and a matte colour so it is perfect for any occasion. This palette is also ideal to take away on holiday because there is a bit of everything for every occasion but they are still bright summer orientated colours. My absolute favourite one is the orange just because it's a lovely bright orange that isn't too red or two brown which I often seem to find. I love this because I can also double this up as eye shadows. The orange is a perfect crease colour for that sunset, glowey eye that people have been going mad for at the moment. If you have a small budget or you just don't want to have too much make up this palette is perfect, you choose your favourite shades, and it's a small and compact set of blushes for every occasion.







4.
Next is a product that is much loved in the beauty community and for a good reason. It's the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette. Again it's another Sleek product because I just love Sleek products. These highlighters are relatively new on the scene and summer is all about that glow so this palette is perfect. It has a warm tone, a cool tone, a more subtle tone and also a cream highlighter so you are covered on all bases. It reflects beautifully off the sun and makes you shine under the summer sun without looking oily and sweaty. Also I like to sweep the orange colour over the lid for an effortless summer glow eye look.  Everyone is obsessed with these highlighters at the moment and summer is also all about the glow so this is just perfect for summer 2016. However be warned this is a very pigmented highlighter so if you prefer a more natural glow use a light hand or just use the yellow highlighter (which is the second to the right in the swatch picture).






5.
Lastly I would really recommend this Born Lippy Pot lip balm in Satsuma Shimmer by the Body Shop. Dry skin is often associated with winter but our skin can suffer a lot under the sun or due to salt water and chlorinated water. Therefore this lip balm is an essential for the summer. This gorgeous balm gives a light wash of orange with flecks of gold that make the lips look juicy and plump while the thick buttery texture keeps the lips soft and healthy. Admittedly if you have sore, dry lips it is best to stick to good old Vaseline but this lip balm is great to top up during the day so you can still have a glossy pout while looking after your lips. It's sheer colour also means its an easy no fuse lip product to go with if you have busy days planned or you are travelling and you want to look cute but a full face of make up just isn't practical.










These are my top 5 recommendations for summer this year. Let me know what you would recommend for me to try and maybe I can write a post about testing your suggestions.

Lots of Love x

1 comment:

  1. Am Mr Barry James from USA, I want to thank this great man Dr Akhere who helped me getting my Dream job i have been praying all day and night, did numerous fasting and prayers, and a friend of introduced me to him that it was this same man that helped him out when he was looking for job too and today he owe all appreciation to Dr AKHERE.
    I decided to have a try and which am so happy today that i have secure my dream job today
    and i urge you all looking for your dream job an end has come to your misery contact him today and you will be next to testify about his good work.
    contact him now on

    AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete